Friday, April 13, 2012

Fury instead of mana.

[:1]Thats what they plan for barbarians. Will be building like fury in WoW. The more you attack/are attcked the mroe you get.

How do you like this?



source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSUnFvrinu4|||So...nothing new or is this just asking our opinions on this?|||Makes more sense than mana did for a barbarian in my opinion.

Here we have a huge, nomadic ball of muscles, bone and rage and oh look he uses the namby, pamby, physically weak sorceress's resource system!

Fury is a much better design. Depending on how fast the other resource systems regenerate will quite possibly have an influence on my first character. I don't want to go through the 27 levels of mana hurt I go through every time I make a sourceress in D2 until i get my insight.

Having a more dinamic resource system should really improve the speed of the game. Although everything I've read suggests resource regeneration has been totally redesigned with the aim of improving the game speed so I'm not too worried.

TL;DR - Fury is a good thing. In fact it's a great thing.|||The fury orb now looks orange, I think.

Does anyone else think it should be blueish/purple so it's different from the health orb? I don't like the orange orb, but maybe it's just me.|||I don't know...

Blue/Purple are "cool" colors. When I think of fury, I think of heat. I'd think they'd do best to stay as close to red as possible (which orange does nicely). In addition, the purple/blue would tread on Arcane Energy and Mana's toes.

The fury orb system they had previously worked nicely, but that's gone now.|||Quote:








I don't know...

Blue/Purple is are "cool" colors. When I think of fury, I think of heat. I'd think they'd do best to stay as close to red as possible (which orange does nicely). In addition, the purple/blue would tread on Arcane Energy and Mana's toes.

The fury orb system they had previously worked nicely, but that's gone now.




That's what I thought a few days ago. I think Fury and I get the image of fire in my mind. But I think a contrasting color would work better visualy.|||Quote:








That's what I thought a few days ago. I think Fury and I get the image of fire in my mind. But I think a contrasting color would work better visualy.




Likewise, Fury does lend itself to warm/hot color palettes and that does somewhat conflict with the Health Globe being red. However, that is why we have seen the fury globe visual with additional fancy UI that uses dirty silver with black to balance out the parts that are orange.

So there is only a small percentage of the Fury color showing with whatever gauge mechanic they are implementing to work with the UI. I don't think they will just have a solid globe that's all one color. They have talented artists that understand Color Theory, and will do something to balance it so that it looks visually acceptable if not stunning.|||Quote:








Likewise, Fury does lend itself to warm/hot color palettes and that does somewhat conflict with the Health Globe being red. However, that is why we have seen the fury globe visual with additional fancy UI that uses dirty silver with black to balance out the parts that are orange.




Do you mean the fury balls? Because I thought the latest version of the fury orb was purely orange. I saw it in a screenshot.

It would be great if you had a link to a picture or something like that because I can't find any videos that show the orb you describe.|||Quote:








Do you mean the fury balls? Because I thought the latest version of the fury orb was purely orange. I saw it in a screenshot.

It would be great if you had a link to a picture or something like that because I can't find any videos that show the orb you describe.




http://www.diablowiki.net/Fury

have a look. the fury balls is one of them but there was another one aswell that got scrapped, but have the kinda dirty metal look involved.|||http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Z7m...ailpage#t=339s

This video doesn't have a great quality but you can see the fury orb. This changed my mind, I don't think the color needs to be changed.

I like it a lot, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment