Wednesday, April 18, 2012

3 barbarian questions for Blizcon

I will be attending blizzcon on Friday, and amidst my own personal questions I will ask about the barbarian class for Diablo 3, I'll also be taking 3 questions from this fine community of barb-lovers as well

first 2 posters get there questions asked, then I will pick the last question oh which I deem to be the best or at least most likely to be answered by blizzard at this point in time.

Please keep in barb-related, thanks|||With automatic stat distribution, how will Barbarian players be able to easily and successfully allocate between physical damage and HP to balance their character? Will this be done mostly by item choices, skill choices, or by some other method?

Awesome idea and thanks for the chance!|||are there any class specific permanent rewards/prestige items u can wear after acheiving important goals - max level/beating the game/completing all quests?(i.e. a shiny totem for barb, a flaming skull for wd, etc)|||Will the barb have claw weapons like in much of the artwork, and will throwing mastery and singers be making a comeback?|||It has been said that the Barbarian's fury system is in part to encourage a quick-paced, aggressive playstyle in which people playing as a Barbarian will want to quickly rush from battle to battle in order to utilize their built up fury orbs.

How will this affect co-op play, that is if the Barbarian is playing with other classes who don't rely on regenerating their resources in combat.

Also, will the Barbarian be the only character utilizing an energy system differing from mana, such as an energy system as seen on World of Warcraft's rogue?|||Sorry to disappoint guys, but my time restrictions at Blizzcon only left me with the ability to play D3 twice (once as barb, once as monk), and really no time to ask questions, I'll try my best to answer what I can based on my play time

For the record, Diablo 3 looks and played as fun as shishkabobs

@ Niyo- Based on gameplay, the only way to change HP is through items and skills. Though the skills were limited because of the time restriction on play, there are skills which directly aid into the survivability of the barbarian (an example being a dmg % reduction at 40% or below life).

@cipra Sorry, can't answer : (

@stillman no claw weapons of any form dropped from my time playing Diablo 3 (40 minutes worth at lvl 12ish areas). I did not see masteries of any form for the barbarian and didn't really see any direct "shouts" either, but I must confess I didn't look hard due to the time constraint.

@ SeanB #1- In my experience, the fury made the barb much more likely to run off looking for ways to use his fury orbs while leaving mages and WDs in the dust waiting for mana. This was a troubling aspect I found in gameplay

#2- From the 4 classes seen, only the barbarian had a fury orb system. It rocks for fast killing.



I hope that helped a little guys : )|||My guess would be the claw weapons are for the monk only.|||Quote:








My guess would be the claw weapons are for the monk only.




Yes, though they're calling them "fist weapons." And I think they're not in the game yet, or at least weren't ready for Blizzcon. I assume the Monk will have fist-specific skills that work with such weapons. At blizzcon everyone kept the starting staff equipped, since every other weapon type had a red X on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment