Saturday, April 21, 2012

What do you think "Fury" is ? - Page 2

IMO stamina = very fast recharging mana

Fury = Fury from City of Villains, damage boost as you build up a Fury Bar.

That would give the Barb an incentive to always be in combat, to keep his fury bar high and gain the ED from that, rather than slowly wandering between combat so his fury bar drops low and he ends up with no ED for the next fight.

I imagine it as an inherent skill (something which I'd like to see every class have, along with an origin bonus)|||Quote:








Has anyone actually seen the fury indicator? I am fairly certain the teal orb was the stamina bar/orb/thing.

*Before there will be 10 posts pop up telling me "LOL NOOB WE KNOW ABOUT FURY FROM GAMEPLAY VIDEO SCREENSHOTS OF SKILL DESCRIPTIONS," I know where people found out about the concept. I am talking about the UI indicator of it, similar to a stamina bar, etc.




I'm with you... I saw a number indicating the "fury" number for a skill, but nothing that would indicate how much you have or how you'd know it was high enough.

My assumption is that stamina is the "mana" for the Barbarian, works exactly the same but decreases quicker and regens quicker. You saw this in the video, the teal-blue orb went to almost empty while the Barb as fighting but always filled back up between battles. The WD's mana orb decreases slower despite spamming pets and swarms and bombs, but took longer to regen.

I don't think Fury is related to those at all, I think Fury is one of the D3 skill trees (or equivalent system mechanic), and you need that many points placed in the Fury tree in order to learn that skill. That's why the numbers were so boring: pretty much 1 or 20 for the skills shown, or zero for some of the skills that probably belonged to a different tree.|||I agree with the 'Stamina as Mana' correlation. The Fury numbers almost sound like Fury is some sort of 'Mastery', where one needs to keep the Fury mastery at a certain level in order to place points into the barbarian's skills.|||In my opinion, Fury is totally independent of his energy orb, and his orb is simply different colored to signify non-mana.

Which is to say, I feel like perhaps Fury will work a bit like Assassin combo points.

I'm probably dreadfully wrong.|||Quote:








In my opinion, Fury is totally independent of his energy orb, and his orb is simply different colored to signify non-mana.

Which is to say, I feel like perhaps Fury will work a bit like Assassin combo points.

I'm probably dreadfully wrong.




It could be, but we never saw ANY indicator of how much "fury" the Barb had built up. That would be a silly mechanic if you had to guess when you had enough :P|||Quote:








It could be, but we never saw ANY indicator of how much "fury" the Barb had built up. That would be a silly mechanic if you had to guess when you had enough :P




Or the UI simply isn't finished yet...

Just like there weren't requirements on items etc...|||Fury is the new Barb mana.

bye bye mana leech|||Quote:








Fury is the new Barb mana.

bye bye mana leech




Hello "recover Fury +X"|||Anyone played titan quest? There you need to spend a number of points into a tree to get the higher level skills in the tree.|||yeah i agree

No comments:

Post a Comment