Thursday, April 19, 2012

Barbarian AoE,Multiple Hits

I am all for skills that give the barbarian the opportunity to attack more than one enemy at a time.To me, this is what made the barbarian kinda boring in the past. Barbarians were forced to constantly WW because it was the only way to hit multiple enemies at once. So yay for barbarian skills with AoE and Multiple hits |||ww wasn't actually aoe, just had a large number of single target attacks. Initially I got the impression most standard melee attacks would have an arc capable of hitting 2-3 close small enemies, which seems appropriate and adds arc width as an interesting melee weapon property, generally more so than D2's range.

Barbs using a 2 handed weapon will probably get a decent few genuinely aoe skills. I never was that interested in perusing the preliminary skill trees very closely, but it seems a logical counterpoint to decreased attack speed and reduce defense.|||I think what you saw was the Cleave skill.

Although I imagine that the multi-strike rune would add some cleavage to most single-target barb skills.|||haha u said cleavage.

meh i really liked my concentrate barbarian in d2 he owned everything and he was hardly ever hit AND he used IK maul which is surprisingly good in just PVM. (dual shaels for max IAS) of course i did use WW on occasion when their were crazy large mobs of low hp monsters.

but uh yeah i agree that mutli target single swing hits will be great PLUS ww looks super nerfed. mad low dmg for the skill unless u pump the **** out of its passives.|||Quote:








ww wasn't actually aoe, just had a large number of single target attacks. Initially I got the impression most standard melee attacks would have an arc capable of hitting 2-3 close small enemies, which seems appropriate and adds arc width as an interesting melee weapon property, generally more so than D2's range.

Barbs using a 2 handed weapon will probably get a decent few genuinely aoe skills. I never was that interested in perusing the preliminary skill trees very closely, but it seems a logical counterpoint to decreased attack speed and reduce defense.




And that stresses my point even more. The barbarian had literally NO skills that let him hit more than 1 enemy at a time besides war cry. So far it seems like blizzard has addressed this issue with Seismic Slam,Revenge,Furious Charge,Cleave,Slashing Strike,new leap attack, and probably some others I'm not mentioning. Almost anyone would pick a Sorc over a barb in d2 for PvM and if this is going to be a mostly PvM game (god I hope not) like they're saying, then I sure hope he can keep up with the wizard and the other characters. In my opinion, this is a great step forward for the barbarian so far.|||Stop whining, Leap knocked back multiple monsters n00b.

hehe, just kidding... but give a shout if you think Leap was the worst skill ever (I know it's meant as a connector to leaap attack..)|||I wonder if using a Multiple Strike rune with an AoE ability will result in multiple AoE damage to every unit in the area (like the Amazon's Freezing Arrow + Pierce combo).|||Quote:








I think what you saw was the Cleave skill.

Although I imagine that the multi-strike rune would add some cleavage to most single-target barb skills.




every barbarian skill in the gameplay video besides the basic attack as far as I could tell did area damage, including leap attack, cleave, whirlwind. its possible the giant hammer thing didn't, but I bet it does.|||Quote:




every barbarian skill in the gameplay video besides the basic attack as far as I could tell did area damage, including leap attack, cleave, whirlwind. its possible the giant hammer thing didn't, but I bet it does.




what he said...

the barbarians lack of an effective AoE attack was always problem in my opinion. it looks(from the gameplay videos at least) that blizz has seen the issue and fixed it. : )

even whirlwind looks more intense, not to mention that "giant hammer thing"!|||Barbs were totally dominating PvM in pre-LOD. WW was just perfect I hope it will be nice in D3 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment