Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Barb Gameplay "fun factor" reactions? - Page 3

I don't think the bard will truly shine until the later levels of the game much like in Diablo II. The barb is also that open book character in which everyone knows what they are getting straight from the start as opposed to the witch doc whose skills are more open ended, new, and fresh. Once you get a hold of some solid gear though I'm sure the barb is gonna be a blast to play.|||Quote:








I don't think the bard will truly shine until the later levels of the game much like in Diablo II. The barb is also that open book character in which everyone knows what they are getting straight from the start as opposed to the witch doc whose skills are more open ended, new, and fresh. Once you get a hold of some solid gear though I'm sure the barb is gonna be a blast to play.




Well, good thing this is a barb, not a bard.

I played a barb, and he did fine DPS throughout the game.|||It looks pretty fun to me, with the physics and better graphics charging through heaps of skeletons etc. will probably look awesome.|||If the classes that havent been released yet are crazy, I'll probobly play the barb first. I think he looked crazyfun to play in the gameplay trailer. So many different attacks to use.

I hope diablo 3 isn't a 1 skill to use pr. class kinda thing, like D2.|||I played all three classes at Blizzcon and the barb was intense. The way rage generation keeps you wanting to push forward and keep killing, the toe-to-toe blood and gore (which is waaay more brutal than in D2) and the total Conan-inspired look (I mean c'mon, he IS a barbarian!) really gave this "old" class a set of new clothes. I loved it, even as a relatively skill-deprived lvl 5. Granted I always played the barb in D2 so I'm slightly biased, but that's the whole point. Each class offers a play style tailored for a certain kind of player, and the barb does not disappoint.|||I was also at blizzcon '08. The lines for D3 got so long so I only played it once. I picked the barb. At the beginning I was kinda confused cause I didn't really have a grip on the fury system and how their attacks work. I thought they had a mana resource system from that first gameplay trailer at WWI. But once I realized it was just like rage bar from WoW it got pretty fun. I think most people pick melee classes cause it's fun to charge into the fray and smash things with a sexy weapon. The fury system compliments this style really well cause it gets so addicting destroying waves after waves of enemies while your barb gets madder and madder and does crazier attacks.

If they bring back the pally, I will be torn between that and the barb. Cause as fun as being a human demolishing machine is, I always preferred the classes with strong group support abilities. But you don't have to worry about barb not being fun though. |||smashing weak skeletons down a cliff or slicin' them with your BRUTAL axe or polearm will be glorious moments...and they will NEVER stop comin'.|||I always liked melee and how the barb can just hack straight on|||I have one word for you gentlemen: Leap!

I am so totally rolling a bunny-barb! |||I'd imagine the Barb didn't get as good of reviews because the playing style is so straight forward and simple, as opposed to a caster who has all sorts of fun and pretty spells you get to use.

That's why I like the Barb though -- he really captures the frantic clicking gameplay of Diablo. I also feel like the playing style of this type of character is so primal. That's why I love the Barbarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment