Thursday, April 12, 2012

Barbarian Follower Choice

[:1]When you play your new Barbarian, which follower will you choose? Are you going to want elemental damage from the Enchantress? How about the ranged physical damage from the Scoundrel? Or what about the Templar as another tank for your team?

It seems logical that you are going to want some elemental damage in your bag of tricks. But is that what you're going to choose? Do you think it will depend on the build? Or do you think it will always be the Enchantress no matter which build you choose? Do you think the Barbarian is going to be strong enough to solo without help from a Follower?|||Since Followers are weak after Normal, and Normal isn't particularly difficult, I'm probably going to use the Scoundrel to help me find gems.|||Depending on their item/gold finding boosts, I will probably lean towards Enchantress for CC and damage type diversity. The Templar is the coolest follower IMO, but I will probably "save" the Templar story stuff for when I roll Demon Hunter, because I intend to give each follower a full play-through to squeeze every drop of lore out of the game.|||Quote:








Since Followers are weak after Normal, and Normal isn't particularly difficult, I'm probably going to use the Scoundrel to help me find gems.




Yup, same here. Scoundrel FTW!|||Quote:








Since Followers are weak after Normal, and Normal isn't particularly difficult, I'm probably going to use the Scoundrel to help me find gems.




Thirded.|||Same here.I will probably go with the Scoundrel for the most part (for the mf/gf factor), but i will most likely switch between all three to get as much lore and flavor in as possible. Besides, maybe having a cute little blonde 20 years younger than him hanging around is just what our man needs.|||Quote:




I will probably "save" the Templar story stuff for when I roll Demon Hunter




My take on it is that each of the different followers have a story and each are a part of the main story arc, i could see maybe extra optional quests being able to be gotten form them but they will all probally drive the story along.

as for my pick of follower i'd say the enchantress just for the amplify damage spell.|||I think I'm going with Scoundrel. One can't simply ignore the increased gem/gold/rune find skills. More loot is always better even it's in normal difficulty!

Maybe he knows some good jokes too |||Well if the scoundrel increases item finding then everyone will pick him regardless of what follower you'd actually prefer - game design fail in other words.

Assuming that all followers give equally powerful bonuses, I'd pick the sorcerer. A scrawny spellflinging chick will make a great sidekick to a hulking mountain of muscle. Oh god... I feel dirty now.|||Right now I don't even see the point of the followers.

Bashiok said they were designed to be used only on normal and would die very fast on NM/Hell.

In some of the interviews I read how easy the beta was and that you can plow through most enemy set-ups at ease.

Sounds like Normal + Follower = Babby mode.

I'm generally not interested in them. I hated how mercs in D2 were useful so you HAD to use one to keep up with others. I wanna care about me, myself and I alone. Don't need no stinkin' followers or pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment