Monday, April 16, 2012

Barbarian = Boss Killer

Imagine what would happen if you built up some fury, used Wrath of the Berserker, immediately popped Enrage and Bloodthirst and then opened up repeatedly with Bash.|||Oh ya, I almost exploded right there

but seriously, I'm not going to understand what that means until I perform it in game|||Exploitable only if he has ton's of potions, and boss hits once every refresh time or boss would drop health globe on every hit.

Also those skills have 12, 7 and 12 seconds respectably, with 60 seconds cooldown on Bloodthirst.

Do you really think boss would die in that fast?|||Quote:








Exploitable only if he has ton's of potions, and boss hits once every refresh time or boss would drop health globe on every hit.

Also those skills have 12, 7 and 12 seconds respectably, with 60 seconds cooldown on Bloodthirst.

Do you really think boss would die in that fast?




Enrage is 11 seconds at rank 5 so that's 12-11-12sec durations. It works very good on paper. I doubt devs let ANYTHING kill a boss in 12 seconds without supreme gear, I hope they won't anyway, but I think it'll have extraordinary potential for burst damage just the same. That's why I point it out. Look at all the different chars skill trees and think about it. It can also be paired with an AoE ability like Whirlwind. Time will tell but for now we're seeing some cool capability of the Barbarian to apply intense, but periodic burst damage, and I'll tell you I think it's awesome!|||Quote:








Oh ya, I almost exploded right there

but seriously, I'm not going to understand what that means until I perform it in game




Greetings SLO dweller! I grew up in Templeton and Paso Robles, live just north of Santa Barbara now.|||Quote:








Enrage is 11 seconds at rank 5 so that's 12-11-12sec durations. It works very good on paper. I doubt devs let ANYTHING kill a boss in 12 seconds without supreme gear, I hope they won't anyway, but I think it'll have extraordinary potential for burst damage just the same. That's why I point it out. Look at all the different chars skill trees and think about it. It can also be paired with an AoE ability like Whirlwind. Time will tell but for now we're seeing some cool capability of the Barbarian to apply intense, but periodic burst damage, and I'll tell you I think it's awesome!




Well i Agree that time will tell, but the only other similar developed char is Wizzard. But actually every char has at least one some kind AoE damage skill, Wizz has Blizzard, Witch Doc has Skull of Flame, even Monks Exploding Palm has such end effect.

So AoE as is will not a problem I think, but it's utility with somewhat limited resources will be a key to its usefulness.|||boss slain in 2 sec|||ama tell yas 1 time, the barb gonna own maaen. only thing missing is public drops. barb up front, steal it all! good ol days.|||I am seriously going to spec my Barbarian this way. Probably take Furious Charge and Bash, team with someone who is efficient at AoE while I single out high-priority targets. Seems like a fun way to play this class! |||Quote:








Imagine what would happen if you built up some fury, used Wrath of the Berserker, immediately popped Enrage and Bloodthirst and then opened up repeatedly with Bash.




We can only assume that blizzard will make it hard enough that even the barbarian cannot just unload everything without risking death. Can't bash if you are dead, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment