Friday, April 13, 2012

Why the Barbarian? - Page 3

[:1]its gotta be that satisfying melee crunch for me|||I like the barb as an early character cause he's sturdy enough to gimp him with your magic finding gear and gimp his way through to getting gear. Then I pass all that good gear on to my casters, prob Wizard first, and other more specialized barbs. Like finding all the unique maces and rolling a mace barb that cruises through the game with crazy damage.|||What can I wasy? I'm the gym rat/powerlifting kind of guy myself, so I guess the initial love for Melee comes from there.

My most beloved builds in D2 are Spear zons and leaper barbs, in that order. Both not exactly cookie cutters when played untwinked on HC, but I just loved them.

So my first build seems obvious... A female barb spear wielder, ofcourse! And hope it's viable |||I'm going barb because he was my favorite character pre-LOD. Nothing was more visually amusing than WW'ing around act 4 rocking a tarnhelm and iceblink with a lance. Looked like Richard Simmons on steroids.|||My barb will be the first character that my wizard twinks out, and I will probably have a pvp focus'd build once he hits the max level.

Why? Because in arenas he looks absurdly fun and challenging to play well!|||Agreed, from what was seen he looks the most challenging to play. Closing the gap will be hard with all the other movement abilities, not to mention the floor gaps in the arena itself. I'm hoping we can stack madd faster run/walk. I had an OG barb that would outrun the screen and cause my game desync, damn 56k.|||The Barbarian is absolutely my first choice among the classes. I've always been enamored of the "noble savage" feel of the class. I've also been described as having a "melee personality"

Can't wait!|||I generally like going with melee characters the first time around. Plus, the raw and unbridled physicality of the barbarian just seems like it would feel really fun to play. I was pretty much decided the first time that I saw the barbarian do leap attack in the initial gameplay trailer.|||Warrior was my first character in D1, Barbarian in D2 and will also be my first in D3.

Rushing into battles face first ftw.|||i always picked melee-class characters in any ARPG, i like close combat more than casting spells/arrows from a distance...i'll probably play the Barb & Monk, then try out the other class when i have some decent gears with both of them...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment