Friday, April 13, 2012

Why the Barbarian? - Page 2

[:1]I'll be going barb starting out because I love the idea of his resource system. Run into the middle of the mobs then fight to stay alive so you can spam the hell out of your skills. Plus WW is definitely the greatest skill ever. I'll be playing berserker as my first build. Although ultimately I'll be playing for PVP and the fury resource has me worried about well a non-juggernaut barb will perform in PVP. If the barbarian is sub optimal in PVP then I'll probably switch to which ever class has a general build that can handle all other builds if played right. Unless that build is as cheesy as the hdin. I hate hdins.|||i have been a big fan of the barb he was my favorite char on d2 and with the new improvements like the AOE skills and the upgraded old skills makes him very appealing...thats not to say i wont play the other chars its just i hate "shoot shoot shoot...%&#! im out of mana!...now what .....axes and swords never fail me at least ^^ but with the new resource systems that they have in place maybe it will be a improvement for us melee focused people and maybe they will eventually give us a release date one day lol|||barb probably wont be my first char choice (i will make all 5 and then pick who to really use) but i am interested in the story of him. will he actually feel like the d2 barb meaning will it get mentioned at all that it was him or will it just feel like some elder barbarian? curious to see that since i may be one of the few people actually into the diablo world story lol|||MM does not think he will use the Barbarian. He always liked casters and quick/agile characters more then the ones that was brute force.|||Because I don't really like the other classes.

I'm interested in PvP'ing with him. I've always thought barbs look cool in PvP.|||To me it's because it's first of all a simple and safe class. Lots of health, lots of power, click on ugly monster, big guy smashes monster with stick. The others seem to require more micro to get them to be as efficient and to keep them alive.

The others seem fragile and complicated in comparison. The Wizard worst of all, then the Monk, the WD and the DH. Funnily enough that's probably the order I'll play them in, Barbarian, DH, WD, Monk, Wizard.

I never played much D2 but I'm pretty sold on the Barbarian either way. First normal and HC character, then either the DH or the WD. Not sure about the other two.. It'll probably be a while.|||Quote:








I like the Barbarian's grizzled viking war horse aesthetic. He's a noble savage a little past his prime, but he's still a physical specimen whose lethality is amplified by his wisdom and experience. I like the battle-hardened old guy archetype.

Plus I'm a big guy, so he's the closest representation I have in the game.




Minus the big guy thing (since i'm only 16) this is very close to why i'll be playing him.|||Well, I'm glad there aren't many interested in playing the barb on release. Could make my character more unique to have?

I started playing the D2 alpha way back when as a barbarian (only class available to play). I remember you could level him to max lv 20 in the blood moor (only open area - I'm sure Flux (who back then was the computer tech guru) and Elly remember that, as I was a long time reader of dii.net back around that time) and remember people killing the little red devils over and over to reach it (I can only imagine the time that took... lol). I guess that stuck with me over the years...

I really like how they branched out with the AoE skills other than whirlwind in D3. Really looking forward to the class as it is in D3 over all the others. I hope blizz won't make me hold out for too much longer. Another beta invite would be nice. |||Sentiment. He was my main char at DII and he would probably be my main in DIII. For sure he will be my first . I like a lore against this class and a raw, brutal force. And with add of AoE skills and fury resource system it could be fun to "Always stay in combat". But we'll see if they make fury attractive to players. If not - probably WD or DH will stay my main, Monk and Wizard are not my style of play. But i hope blizzard will make barb "My preciousss" |||In Diablo 1 my first char was Warrior. In Diablo 2 it was Barbarian. So with Diablo 3 I'm going with tradition and doing him my first char.

Besides I like the concept of huge guy using huge weapons to smash enemies.

But if he end up my favorite character, I don't know until I make all 5 chars.

No comments:

Post a Comment