Monday, April 16, 2012

Dual-wield...MAULS!?!

I'd like to see that and dual wielding axes in D3, would you? (if only for the awesomeness factor)|||are you talking about something similar to titans grip? That was kinda a epic fail b/c you auto attack slow as hell. You could already DW 2h swords in d2 so im sure a barb can DW any weapon in d3. a 1h dagger and a big 2h mace if you pleased. Though on a realistic side, I dont see how a barb would DW a 2h mace the size of the skeleton kings. Maybe some 2h weps will be 1h wieldable... Wont matter much though my future paladin is gunna smite the hell outa a slow clumsy barb, regardless how slow of weapons it choses.|||You have to draw the line somewhere. What about 2 polearms? That would look kind of silly and unlikely. I think 2 mauls are also too much, visually.

Maybe what they could do is allow anything to be duel wielded, like 2 colossus voulges, but this would lower your attack speed to something unplayable. And if you wear all IAS gear, it would become acceptably fast enough, but you wouldn't do much damage anyway because all your gear is for IAS.|||Lets leave visual realism at the door please, this is Diablo, afterall. I don't see aura rings exuding off me when I shout a battle order : )

And who says there will be-

A. Smite in Diablo 3, I hate smite, completely undermines the AR system

B. Paladins in Diablo 3? They've (Blizzard) already said there will not be a Paladin class in Diablo 3!|||I think dual-wielding mauls would look a bit silly since the maul in the WWI gameplay video was so huge.

Also, everytime I vote on a poll the forums drop me into a random D2 off-topic thread while displaying the poll results...wtf?|||Hmm. My preference would be to assign a size+weight to all items, then compare that with the characters str+dex to see if he can dual wield them or not.|||Quote:








Hmm. My preference would be to assign a size+weight to all items, then compare that with the characters str+dex to see if he can dual wield them or not.




This is a pretty good idea, but I think Blizzard nerfing character building by making stat point allocation automatic (unless I missed where there decided not to go ahead with this?) detracts from it a bit.|||Quote:








.

Also, everytime I vote on a poll the forums drop me into a random D2 off-topic thread while displaying the poll results...wtf?




I've been experiencing this problem as well...ELLY!!!!!!!! *in a mighty Lion-O voice*|||yes. i like it also 8)|||Quote:








Lets leave visual realism at the door please, this is Diablo, afterall. I don't see aura rings exuding off me when I shout a battle order : )




Every game has its own realism, I think dual mauls would be unrealistic by Diablo's standards. It depends on the size of the mauls, of course.

I read somewhere that the poll problem isn't going away because it's so hard to fix. It's been here for ages anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment