Thursday, April 12, 2012

Barbarian active skills and passives - Page 2

[:1]I was also happy to see the number of defensive passives available. I was especially happy that a shield passive made it in as none of the gameplay videos I've seen show the barb using a shield. I'm really hoping 1H + shield won't be left in the dust by DW and 2H.

Anyone else think 10% increased block seems weak? Iron Skin's 100% more armor seems like a much better option. I'm going to assume armor will provide at least 30% (wild guess) physical damage reduction in average gear. Double the amount of armor and you now have 60% damage reduction. It's possible there will diminishing returns but you should at least see 50 or 45% reduction (again wild guesses). Who knows what kind of reduction the best armors in game will provide.

If a shield will only block physical attacks then with Shield of Iron you're looking at 10% less physical damage taken. If an attack is blocked from a weapon that also does elemental damage then I suppose the skill looks a little better.

If SOI doesn't scale and will always provide a 10% chance to block then I don't see how it can compete with Iron Skin which improves every time you increase your armor. Hoping my assumptions are wrong.|||The passives are basically a mock up. The numbers have terrible balance. I expect at least half of these passives gone period and replaced with something that's not doable by gear.|||I see. In that case I hope the shield passive is completely redone to something that scales with gear and does something more exciting than increased % to block.|||The old Shield Passive was much cooler. It was a chance to perform a shield bash with every attack that interrupted enemy animations.

If set up to work with basics like Cleave and given some AoE, it would make for a fantastic tank Barbarian bonus.|||This is why I shouldn't follow game development. It's so depressing to hear all the cool things that get removed. Here's hoping they try something else equally as creative and tailored to tanking.

No comments:

Post a Comment