Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Favorite Barb skill tree?

Which will you focus on?|||I have an interest in making a shield barbarian, so probably Battlemaster. But that may not be true necessarily, perhaps I'll get some skills in Battlemater to get a Shield Specialization, and then I can go to some high-damage tree...|||Clearly the Juggernaut. Barbarians with a huge 2-hander just feels a lot more natural than 2 small weapons.|||You need an "undecided" option on the poll. I have no idea which I'll do first; and not just because I figure they'll change a lot between now and the game. They don't really specialize that much; it's not like one is all about ranged attacks and the other is all about raising defense; there seems to be a nice variety of skills in each.

I'm be curious to see how much mixing and matching will be viable. I doubt we'll see any synergies, but if the passives and actives are set up to require lots of points to become useful, then everyone will just stick to one tree and build up their main skills. If we get a lot of bonus skill points in quest rewards, or from +equipment, or the skills don't allow that many invested points, then we'll see more varied builds, with multi-tree use, or at least loading up on some of the tier 1 and 5 passives in other trees.|||Yeah I was thinking the same thing I am still not sure what tree I would like to specialize in. Though when forced to choose I would pick the berserker just because of the beauty of whirlwind. With so many good skills in every tree it is going to be so hard to figure out what my first build will be like. My first build however will likely be a trainwreck of a build so I will probably do a lot of experimenting with the different trees. I remember my first Diablo 2 build I tried was an inferno sorceress, reading about it before the game release I thought it would be a cool ability, it is a shame that it just wasn't powerful enough in hell mode and just plain terrible for pvp.|||I think my first Barb will be a Juggernaut (2-hander) build. Of course, assuming that in the final build, investing in one tree will be as good as or better than splitting points for two trees. All three trees seem to have an even distribution of cool/effective abilities, so I think that, come launch, we hopefully won't see any builds being favored over others.

Personally, I've always wanted to try out a 2-hander, because for me the image of a Barbarian will always be that of a pissed, musclebound hulk swinging around a huge sword or dual wielding. It always annoyed me that 2 handed weapons became virtually obsolete when increasing monster difficulty and PvP virtually necessitated the use of shields, so I hope Blizzard goes the extra mile toward balancing all weapon combinations.|||juggernaut is my fav and i base that on name alone|||But we haven't seen the tier 5 abilities yet. Hard to decide now.|||Whichever route seems like the most logical choice to find me the best items fastest. Any D2 LoD player who MFs always used a ice/light sorc or a sword mastery ww barb.

But for sheer enjoyment, I like my 2 handed mace barb. Juggernaut with a huge 2 hander yelling like thunder ftw.|||Juggernaut for me! 2-handed mace along with Leap Attack from the Berserker tree!.

Barb will be named M.C. Hammer, and I'll leap attack while yelling "It's Hammer Time!" and Ground Stomp while saying, "Can't Touch This!"

No comments:

Post a Comment