Wednesday, March 28, 2012

About Whirlwind

[:1]Do we know if Whirlwind can be used as your primary (only?) offense and fuel itself infinitely (as with mana steal in D2)?|||Yes it can. With good weapons and even just a small amount of leech, the only thing that will run you out of mana is mana burn.|||I'm sure it could be your only attack and you could succeed, but I doubt they way they are expanding the encounters that it will the most effective play style. Personally I'm not sure it would be very fun either. I think it would be better to have at least one heavy nuke ability (like Hammer of the Ancients) for single targets or a boss fight might last twice as long as it needs to.|||Hmmmm... maybe I should pay attention to the fact that this was in the D3 forum and not the D2 forum

Grube is right, D3 is going to be more about using multiple skills I think, not just a single powerful one.|||On that note, see the thread im about to post in General on Skill Swapping, as I have a question related to this :P|||I'll meet you there, and I'll be sure to bring all of my misinformation with me |||I dont think anyone really knows the exact answer to this yet.|||I expect WW to be viable as burst AoE to deal with swarms of enemies... I doubt that WW'ing a boss to death will be particularly effective at inferno levels.|||There has to be at least a quick cooldown on it. Maybe 2 or 3 seconds long after you are done spinning. I know blizzard has stated they want you to use your lower level 'filler' skills in between the big-bad awesome ones, so thats the only reason I would suspect a short CD.|||It could be used multiple times in a row granted you get hit and that would generate more fury ( in a boss fight for example). Sure if it has a cooldown then that gets thrown out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment